Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Let's get this party started!

I feel the need to justify why I haven't blogged forever but I can't think of a valid reason. Other than I was drowning in schoolwork  in conjunction with my job, in which I mistakenly worked full-time this past semester. I am simply going to go about life pretending I haven't been neglecting nearly every aspect of it and focus on the future. But like most things, you can't focus on the future until you take a quick glance back at the past...

Regrets vs. Mistakes
I am not one of those people who believes there are no regrets. In fact, I think the complete contrary. I totally believe in regrets. I'll go as far as to say I think it's healthy to have regrets. Sure we can learn from our regrets, which some may mistake the word regret with mistake but the truth is we regret things because we probably knew better.  For example:
Mistake
Drinking too much on NYE when I had a plane flight at 7am. The reason for this is because I did not know I couldn't still drink like a college student. College friends bring out the college drinking in me. I think that's a fair justification
Regret
Scheduling a flight on New Years Day at 7am.

My college friends :)
T-7 hours until our flight takes off... this photo shoot certainly proves why our 7am flight arrived much too quickly.


Due to my massive mistake of working and being a student full-time last semester, I decided to treat myself to an exciting getaway with my hottie to Arizona. We stayed with his parents in Sun City, AZ (which is an extremely awesome 55+ community). We played pool, tennis, went swimming, played golf, climbed a mountain... yes, a mountain.

PROOF:
Camelback Mountain: over 2,700ft. 
Admittedly, Brad and I probably look like we're in better shape than we actually are. As we hiked/crawled up this mountain we hardly spoke a word. Not because I had nothing to say, spare me I always have something to say, but because we were so out of breath we probably wouldn't be able to say "help" if necessary. And of course, the freak that I am, I tried to act like I was super athletic to impress him with my "natural hiking skills" so wouldn't admit I needed a break. I refused to be worse at climbing a mountain than Brad. (some people say competing with your loved one is a bad idea but I can't help it) I'm not sure if he noticed I was about to die or not but who cares. We made it. (Plus, we beat the couple that I was secretly racing)
 I couldn't help myself when I saw my purse sitting so perfectly... yes, I took a purse. Shut up

Sunset after a freezing afternoon of golf. Yes, it was freezing. Shut up.

  ESPN Bud Light Fiesta Bowl 
I was told Phoenix was hosting the national college championship but when Brad took me to this Bud Light Fiesta... thing... There was a band, exciting tents with yard games and I was so distracted but after about an hour I finally looked around and noticed all these "O" and "AU" signs. Everywhere. I thought "where the hell am I?" 
Me: "Brad, what does the 'O' mean?" 
Brad:  "do you even know where you are?" 
Me (with a puzzled expression) "umm..." 
Brad laughed at me and explained to my pathetic ass that all this stuff was for the college championship... Oregon and Auburn University. I felt stupid. But I thought Phoenix might be the kind of place that always had "fiesta's"!! Shut up.

NEW YEARS RESOLUTION:
I will stop eating potato chips because they stick to my hips.
My house is a temptation, which I noticed on vacation.
So I made exception to this pathetic obsession.
This only applies to the regular ruffled kind, which has created a challenge for other chips to find.
As time goes on I have replaced my old habit with pringle's, gold fish, & tostitos... dagnabit!!

This is a rap!!

1 comment:

  1. I like the whole mistake vs. regret thing. I agree - it can be both!

    ReplyDelete