Thursday, January 20, 2011

Random Thoughts from Mallory


Have you ever made a random comment and somebody responds with "gosh, I'd like to spend just one second in your head."
I never know how to respond but I decided to dedicate this post to my recent random thoughts.
1.  Getting gas:
  • Ignore common life rules: Turning my car off while getting gas.
    • I completely ignore the rule to turn my car off while getting gas. I realize it's a rule because it's possible for me to blow up in thin air from something that has to do with the words electric, shock, fire and gas. But I am a risk taker. AND I've never heard of it happening to someone. I figure the chances of it happening are rather low.
  • Ignore gas prices: The truth is I'm going to pay for it anyway (credit card? perhaps.) so what's the point?
    • The other day I was going about my typical and oblivious gas station experience until I stopped picking my split ends and looked up to see a Dad teaching his young teen daughter how to get gas. I drifted into a memory from 11 years ago when my Dad brought me to that same gas station to teach me how to get gas. 
      • My dad said to me, "Mal, take a look at the gas price. It will change drastically in your life time." The bratty teen that I was, I naturally rolled my eyes and acted like he was super lame. However, I never forgot the price.
1999: $0.98
2011: $3.06

Now, that is lame!
And that is why I don't look at gas prices.
     
2.  The new hair trend of 2011: Do not match your roots to your ends.

This trend is confusing. I feel confident the only people who can pull this look off is a high-list celebrity. This is confusing because it looks natural but all of these people are getting their hair professionally done to look like this. So, in fact, it is one of the most unnatural, natural looks. Not to mention, if any regular person gets her hair done like this people would definitely think they must of lost their job or their student loan hasn't come in yet because they can't even afford to get their highlights re-touched. 
However, a part of me kind of wants it.
I can't explain it.

3.  I love TV in January
  • American Idol: My secret obsession... only not so secret.
    •  New judges. Steven Tyler, J Lo, and good ol Randy Jackson. Truthfully, I will miss Simon so very much. I can't help but love him. However, despite J Lo's too sweet to hurt people's feelings attitude right now, I think she's got some street in her that will come out pretty shortly. 
    • I can't help but 100% judge the contestants that end up crying. Seriously? Get a grip. 
    • I am a very good critic of American Idol potentials. I'm super fun to watch it with. In fact, I have an American Idol spreadsheet in which I like to forecast who will move on. I will post about that.
  • The Bachelor: Rock Hard Body
    • Who has that much time to work out? Any guy who has a rock hard body like this spends way too much time in the gym looking at himself and not enough time with the lady of his life. Think about it...
    • He's also emotionally stiff--I can't put my finger on it exactly but I think he's either A) nervous in front of the camera's or B) Insecure as almighty! He trips on almost every word he spits out.
    • Not for me. Seriously. SERIOUSLY. not my type. No thanks!

A shout out to my girl, Steph, who is celebrating her 25th birthday this weekend! I must disclose this picture was from my Senior year of college Spring Break in Panama City, FL. so... don't judge. 
(Sorry Steph it was the only picture I could find!)

That's all for today. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment