Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thoughts & Predictions

First off, I want to thank those of you who read my blog this week regarding Planned Parenthood and the government shut down. A special thanks to those who commented, e-mailed, or messaged me about your feelings and opinions. It's so important that we all work to be informed as possible.

On a lighter note, PIA went home. We all know she wasn't my first pick but it had nothing to do with her talent-she was more than qualified to remain in at least the top 3. My guess is voters assumed Pia would not have a problem with votes so they spent their time voting for the contestants that were more on the fence.

A similar thing happened in 2006 with Chris Daughtry. This was the worst year of American Idol history when the grey-haired, not that talented, Tayler Hicks won. What a joke. Chris Daughtry was hands-down the most talented and well-liked contestant but only made it to the top 4 due to votes.
The 2006 American Idol shocker:

Now, dry your eyes, there are plenty of super talented contestants left.

Thoughts: Who did I vote for?
I want her to win. Natural, effortless talent. 
The only thing holding her back is her confidence appears to be lacking... but with a voice like that she has the world in the palm of her hand. Besides, the past 2 weeks have been fantastic!!!
My advice for her would be to watch Stefano perform because she should be doing riffs just like the way he does them!

Speaking of Stefano...
Yes, I voted for him. His performance deserved it.
 I was in awe last night. He's in it to win it! 
I would be really disappointed if he goes home tonight. REALLY disappointed.

Still my favorite male. The past 2 weeks haven't been as impressive compared to his previous performances. I'm worried he took the judges a little too seriously when they told him he needs to be more controlled and less dramatic. Now he's a little too stationary. I want my dramatic man back!! I bet he'll bring it next week!

I hate the music and to be honest I don't know anyone who likes it. But then again, I'm a bit of a teeny-bopper. The only thing I can note on is that he is an entertaining performer and I like the fact that he positively represents Turrets Syndrome.  I don't mind him sticking around, even though I admittedly find his music a little ridiculous.

Similarly, I don't like Scotty's country twang but I realize there are plenty of people who do, and he is quite talented in that aspect. I still find him McCreepy. 

I anticipate trouble for the following 3...

I do like this guy but I haven't liked his performances or song choices lately. He needs like a John Mayer song or something. He's got a really unique voice which has a ton of potential. But lets be honest... 
if his outfit choices aren't distracting enough, his annoying dancing/tweeking/jittering around the stage like he's hyped on something will definitely do it. 

I didn't love this performance. We all know I love this girl because I'm jealous of her hippie-chic style and her raspy voice. The last 2 weeks were fantastic but this week she fell short of impressive. 

Blah. I didn't like it. I think it's his time to go. I found it absolutely absurd he got a standing ovation for his lame-ass performance. If he makes it through, it's not because of his performance, it will be because of the judges promotion to vote for him. Even I was somewhat convinced he should make it through after the feedback from the judges. What crap!

Let's be real, all of these contestants are super talented. But there are still some contestants that if they won... I would be disappointed.
(cough, cough: Casey, James, Paul, McCreepy). 

Prediction:
I obviously have not had the best luck predicting but here goes nothing:
Between Paul, Haley, and Casey...

 PAUL will go home. 

Boom.

No comments:

Post a Comment