Thursday, April 7, 2011

American Idol: Thoughts & Predictions

Once again my ADD has gotten the best of me and I nearly forgot to make this post. For the record, I have been busy writing a grant to establish and develop a school vegetable garden at Saydel High School. However, yesterday not only did I learn that Saydel already had a school garden but I also learned all garden-related activities are pretty much required to take place during the summer. As we all know there is no school during the summer, so you can imagine my frustration.

All frustrations aside... I still have American Idol. Thank the Lord!!!

Lauren: She was really starting to annoy me with her effortless, dominating, flawless, and dynamic voice by not showing it off. It was like she's been on some sedating medication that made her turn bbblllaaahhh and it was driving me CRAZY! But... there is a God! She gave us a bit of flava! And showed off her voice that she's been covering up! 
Gotta admit though, she better do it even more next week. I'd rather have somebody like Haley win who at least pushes her voice to the limit than have Lauren who has a voice she hardly needs to push and watch her neglect it!

Haley: She rocked it, AGAIN! 2 weeks in a row!!! I hope people loved this as much as I did because I think she did awesome! She's cool. The song was perfect for her. Her best quality as a singer is not is her grunting (which I know annoys many people, but I like it), it's the fact she's the whole package: her voice matches her personality, her personality matches her clothes, her clothes match her music. I didn't get a chance to vote last night but I hope she's not in the bottom 3! Although, I think her fan base is somewhat smaller than other contestants. But maybe she'll be the black horse of the competition...

James: Boring. It was Rock N Roll themed night and he does a ballad? L-A-M-E  and C-O-R-N-Y!

Jacob: Love him. This week wasn't shockingly amazing like usual but he did a very good job. I still think he's going to win. He's improved his articulation and not crying on stage.

Scotty McCreepy: You wont catch me voting for him... ever... due to the way he looks into the camera and his bad hair cut. And I'm not gonna lie... I was terrified he was gonna break out in a hip shake or in his Elvis song but he didn't... phew! However, he showed off his personality, he had fun, it was a good performance. I liked it!

Pia: Does she remind anyone else of Britney Spears? I don't know what it is. Her outfit was so ugly I couldn't even hear her sing. Yeah... she's good. I admit it. I just don't love her.

BOTTOM 3 PREDICTIONS:
Paul: I am a fan of this guy. Considering he was in the bottom 3 last week and there wasn't anything special about his performance... I think he's in trouble. I hope he doesn't leave though. Brad has a prediction that Paul and Pia (ew that sounds bad together) are together. I'd hate to break up puppy love.

Casey: I didn't like it. I think he's in trouble. I still think he's a splash of creepy, although so unique he spices up the competition. Besides, according to tabloids he's rollin' with Haley! Again, I'd hate to break up puppy love!

Stefano: Goin' Home! I dare somebody to tell me he's not adorable. BUT I gotta say... I think it's time... to go. 
It's not that he's not good, he just isn't good enough

1 comment:

  1. I was trying to think of a place to rant about this...facebook? twitter? I decided this was the only appropriate outlet----

    I am SO ANGRY that they used their ONE save on IDIOT Casey! They put the save in for this reason exactly so we don't have another Daughtry issue! I'm so mad that they really thought he would be THAT successful! However, I think she will probably get signed anyway, hopefully by someone who will actually do something good with her.

    THAT IS ALL!

    -Allison

    ReplyDelete