Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

To a truly amazing Dad! Who spent his day playing golf, then opened up gifts... new golf bag and a golfing outfit (I see a theme here...) He was even lucky enough for me to "cook" him dinner. Frozen pizza? Yup! He ate it... happily!

Here's some pictures of some joyful times I've had with my Dad:

Dancin' at Morgan's Wedding in 2007

Dancin' at my cousin's Wedding in 2009


I wish I had some pictures of the times I really remember vividly! Like the time my dad was upset that I ran away from the ball instead of toward it when I played second base once in middle school. After the game he made me stay late and take grounders to "improve." This is when I discovered I was scared of the ball. I cried the entire time and begged him to stop. Did he have mercy? No. I kept crying but he just kept hitting those grounders (I think he thought I'd get over my fear if I faced it more than 200 times in a row). 

I never played infield again.


He was patient. He was kind. He didn't always go soft on me... but most of the time he did. My dad is more than a dad to me now... he's my roommate. I can't imagine a better male roommate in my life right now! (sorry Brad, no offense!) 

He's also a grandpa! Here's a fantastic example of his charming sensitive side with my niece

Tabby and Grandpa 


Happy Father's Day! And Grandfather's Day! You all are appreciated more than you even know! Thanks for all you do! And to my dad--thanks for being a great roommate, too! You're the best! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment