Monday, July 26, 2010

Catch up

Anyone else ever feel like they are constantly playing Catch Up? Work has been CRAZY (pun intended) and my waste-of-time summer class is finally over! I've got so much to talk about!


First, my favorite time of the year... 4th of July. We had our 3rd Annual Motorcycle Adventure!
We departed from Des Moines and traveled to Atlantic, IA
(with Twizzlers in hand, of course)

 We met up with the other half of our group who were departing from KC and they made quite the entrance... 


Jeremy and his bike were in a fight and I think the bike won because he met us in Atlantic riding
<--------THIS!












From Atlantic we ventured off into the beautiful countryside of rural Iowa. 

And we made it to Sioux City, Iowa to attend one of our favorite festivities: Saturday in the Park. We listened to Santana (apparently it's a popular band that I was made fun of for not knowing about... the music was OK, but again, I'm not known for knowing what "good" music is.
Here's a picture of our entire group
                          
May I add, this was at the VERY end of the night. And most of us were still standing... most of us!

From Sioux City we traveled to Boji, Iowa--which is known for it's 4th of July party crowd. 


We obviously fit in perfectly, considering we are playing flippy cup directly off a nasty wooden table. I think I hit my "word limit" for the amount of times I am allowed to say "eww, gross" while playing on that table!

Boji treated (most of) us kindly and after a long weekend we were on our way home. We dodged the rain but when I walked into my house my family looked at me like they've never seen somebody who went on a 3-day drinking binge, hundreds of miles on a motorcycle, and showered for less than 10 minutes over the course of 3 days. I mean come on, don't be such sissy's. 

1 comment:

  1. You have to admit -- you looked a little rough. But it looks like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete