Wednesday, August 11, 2010

ANTM: FREAK-OF-A-WAIST!


 America's Next Top Model thinks this is a good thing? Am I the only one who thinks this is a little extreme? Even for a show like this... I mean, seriously, did they forget to look at her face? Maybe a face doesn't matter when you have a skeleton body so small that a guy can put his hands completely around you.

Let's all try it: Put your hands out. Touch your middle fingers together. Touch your thumbs together. Imagine your hands as the size of this girls waist. That's how small that freak's girl's waist is! Small isn't it? Holy crap.

This is not what women are about... we are not about being 6'2'' and 50lbs (quick estimate). We are not about having eyebrows touch each other! We are not about looking frail! We are WOMEN (hear me roar!) Not hipless, boobless, curveless, and FATless people! We are WOMEN! WTF! I feel bad for those 13-year-old girls who have one chubby leg weighing more than this girl's entire 21-year-old body. I think it's sending the wrong message.

I know a lot of people who already find Tyra annoying but I've always kind of liked her. She advocates for people from all walks of life and as a social worker, I certainly appreciate that! On her hit show she has featured models that are blind, plus-size, transgender, lesbian/bisexual, and countless races, cultures, and ethnicities. But featuring some freaky-skinny girl completely based on the fact that she's freaky-skinny truly disappoints me. I would like to disclose that freaky-skinny people certainly deserve attention for their talents and life probably isn't always perfect for this 6'2'' freaky-skinny girl but I don't think modeling is lacking in the freaky-skinny department and therefor there is really no need to advertise this gal's freak-of-a-waist as a desirable feature in a woman. Let's all say it together, FREAK!

Or maybe my 5'3'', way more than 50lbs frame is just jealous... it's hard to tell.

MORE B.S. MEDIA CRAP:
In case you have not read your weekly tabloid trash mag:
... Jessica Simpson is fat again... or something.
 This is the picture they (uvtblog.com) show next to the caption: Fail Tail. (I must admit it's a catchy caption) If we're going to debate whether she's fat or not... I'd like to argue that horizontal stripes could trick ANYONE to think they have gained a few. This is the teeny-bopper type of celebrity that I love. So everyone, BACK OFF! Jessica's weight is probably equal to the weight of 2 chubby legs from one of those 13-year-olds overweight girls walkin' around! How do you think that makes them feel when we're calling Jessica Simpson fat? Those chubby legged girls are probably super annoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment