Tuesday, March 1, 2011

AMERICAN IDOL

AMERICAN IDOL
I meant to start this last week but I will, to no surprise to many, going to blog weekly about my thoughts and predictions for the next American Idol!!

What wins my vote?
--Their look fits their personality AND their voice
--They have fun and don't take the competition too seriously
--Marketable voice, image, and personality
--Offer at least a splash of originality--something that separates them from me. ;)
--They SMILE when they sing!
--They make an effort to attempt challenging songs, along with not being too predictable.
--They are NOT boring, negative, self-involved, or too dramatic!!!!!

Let me introduce you to the top 24... and yes, this is in order of my personal interests

Lauren Alaina


Pipes. Personality. Passion.
MY FAVORITE!! I said it from day one of her audition that she will win American Idol 2011! Mark. my. words.






Jacob Lusk




Male version of Mariah Carey (voice-wise, not looks-wise). Enough said.






Julie Zorrilla




Love her story. Love her look. LOVE her voice. No question she's going far in this competition. No question at all. I suspect top 5.





Robbie Rosen



There is no question this is the best male vocalist in the entire competition. If only he was hotter... but who cares when he's got a voice of gold. He's not going to win but he'll be in the top 10 and perhaps top 5 without a doubt.





Haley Reinhart



I LOVE her!! She's got PASSION for singing and she's talented as all hell! She's got the right look, attitude, and pipes to take her all the way!!






Casey Abrams




Unique. Talented. Lovable.






James Durbin


So, SO good. Who denies that? SUPER GOOD! BUT there's something holding me back from liking him too much. Perhaps it's the fact he reminds me of Adam Lambert like no other, but that is certainly not a reason to hold against him.
He's talented. Hands down. He'll be around awhile.




Paul McDonald




SO unique!! I find him kind of self-involved but I do think he's talented and might really take this competition by storm.





Thia Megia



She's adorable, good attitude, only 16!! and she has some serious pipes. LOVE IT!!!






Brett Loewenstern



Who could hate a kid who appreciates life, loves everyone around him, and is proud of himself? There is no doubt his flamboyant spirit and personality will get some votes. His voice isn't anything incredible but I would like to see this dude get to the top 10




Clint Jun Gamboa

I don't particularly like this guy... as a person because of how he acted during group week. He just seems to me to be a little self-involved. BUT he still has an amazing voice. There's no denying that.







Stefano Langone


Cutie. Lovable. 















Rachel Zevita


Adorable! Good voice. I could see her either having an "OK" first few performances and then out of nowhere have a performance that just blows everyone away. OR I could see her failing miserably due to nerves. We'll see.






Karen Rodriguez




Good personality. Marketable gal. Strong talent and true perseverance. She wont give this dream up. I admire that spirit.





Scotty McCreery




Deep, attractive voice. A little immature dude but I can't help but kinda like him.






Tim Halperin



Very unique. I don't know why but I'm rooting for this one. I can see him going home first round or surprising us all to the top 3!






Ashton Jones




I think this girl has some serious potential. She doesn't have the pipes that I like to hear from girls that would probably go into some sort of pop music but she's got the fashionista-unique look to her.




Jovany Barreto



Seems like a nice guy-which I appreciate. However, I'm just not that into him. He's just another American Idol top 24 that we see every year. He'll filter out before top 10.





Pia Toscano





Good looking. Pretty decent voice. Again, not the pipes I like for girls like this but... we'll see how many male voters we have out there.




Ta-tynisa Wilson




She screwed up her lyrics during one of the auditions BUT she's got a good voice and she pulled off the song regardless if it made sense or not. Gotta give that gal props. I think she's got potential but I need to see more from her.




Lauren Turner





Great voice BUT simply not cute enough or likable enough. :\





Jordan Dorsey




I think he's attention seeking and obnoxious. He's too old to be acting like a 16 year old. He simply bothers me. I think he tries too hard. Can't deny he's got a decent voice but I don't care.




Naimi Adedapo




I appreciate her story of cleaning toilets for a living and she wants something better... I certainly don't blame her.
Good voice BUT not my type.




Kendra Chantelle




I seriously don't even remember this girl except she did a very good job in a duet with Tim Halperin. Apparently... forgettable.







Stay tuned.


*photo's from poptower.com

2 comments:

  1. I loved Stefano tonight--I think he'll get his vocals together more as the competition goes, he's SO cute and seems really nice and genuine. I think he's "marketable" also as you call it.

    I can't believe you like Casey Abrams--I legit get the creeps from this guy! He is so creepy with JLo and I can't help but picture him as the creepy guy who puts a camera in the women's bathroom. I do NOT like him AT ALL!

    Kendra is good but she got NO attention through auditions. I don't even really know much about her.

    Jacob and Lauren are far and away the best vocalists. Jacob is fun but possibly a bit annoying? I think I'm with you that Lauren will win it, as long as she doesn't crack from nerves or get too caught up in it. Her voice is awesome! I'd also like to hear Jacob sing his version of "God Bless the Child" on the big stage.

    Do we take this too seriously? Love you!

    -Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA Allison!! Yeah I wrote this post quickly before I watched last night so it is not including last night's performances. However, I appreciate your thoughts on Casey. I actually like him and could see him going far simply bc people might like his originality but I'd be disappointed if he won. I probably should have put him further on the list.

    And there is no such thing as taking American Idol too seriously!!

    ReplyDelete