Wednesday, March 9, 2011

In Case You Missed It: 
1. Who went through?  
Guys: James, Casey, Jacob, Scotty, Paul, and Stefano*
Girls: Lauren, Pia, Haley, Karen, Thia, Ashton* and Naimi**
*The judges chose 3 additional contests to go through who America did not vote in the Top 10.  
**I still am not a fan, I don't care how good her voice is... puh-lease!! No Kelly Clarkson!!!

2. What does this mean?  
I rule. I'd say so far so good on Miss Mallory's nearly perfect predictions from last week. Boo-Ya

Thoughts & Predictions
Thoughts:
Lauren Alaina
I'd like to see her really rip it out more, more, MORE
But seriously... tell me you don't love this girl. 
I.DARE.YOU
Casey Abrams
What a corky man. I like him. (Allison, I know you think he might be the type to put a camera in the girls bathroom  BUT...) You can't deny the talent. 
Sore on the eyes? Yes.
Talented? Yes.
Ashton Jones
Ashton- I have liked her because of the "uh" and "yeah" tid bits she does when she sings
Paul McDonald
I swear this guy is hiding his british accent. Doesn't he just seem like he would fit right in there? Maybe it's the skinny jeans.
Pro: unique and relaxing voice 
Con: on the verge of boring. I hope he can play an instrument... and get a fashion stylist, pronto. 
Pia Toscano
Okay, I admit it... she's a lot better than I thought at first. I'll say it, she's more than just a pretty face. I've joined the Pia bandwagon.

James Durbin
His vocals are undeniable. I repeat, UNDENIABLE. I appreciated his song choice this week because he didn't try to over-do it, for the first time... ever. He's got skills. We all know it. 
Now he just needs to work on getting us to like his personality--his picture even kind of annoys me. Thank god he's actually good.
Haley Reinhart
I love this girl!!! She's talented, i'm telling you!! Girls like her. Dudes like her.
I'm jealous she yodel's and makes it sexy...
I'm jealous she has the hippie-chiq look I've always aspired to have.
Jacob Lusk
I had to watch this performance twice. Once by myself (as usual) and the second to bring my dad in to enjoy the performance, too.
He sang "I Believe I can Fly" better than R.Kelly ever could... hands down.
Natural talent. 
Not one male vocalist has ever impressed me more than him.
Wow. Amazing.
Thia Megia
 (sucks following Jacob... I must give her props)
She's adorable. She's young. She's Asian.
Great demeanor about her. I wish all 16 year olds were this mature.
I still need more from her.



Stefano Langone
He gets voted the "Most underrated" 
I just want to hug him. Good job, Stefano!



Karen Rodriguez
Bridget-this takes me back to 6th grade!!
I love that she sang Salina!! It was perfect! I think I'm biased because I love the song so much.
Good singer + good looks + speaks spanish = votes. 
On the negative side, she's not the best of this competitive group. I like her though.

Scott McCreery
Predictable. And who did his hair tonight? Ick! 
My mom said it creeps her out when he looks into the camera. Haha!
Born to sing country music, is right! No doubt!

Naima Adedapo
Blah. I don't like her. I get that she's kind of unique but puh-lease. 
I'm gonna be nice: she's not my cup of tea.

___________________________________________________________________________________
Prediction
It's time: Who's going home?
Blah



If by a miracle (or bad taste of voters) Naima doesn't go home. I predict Miss Ashton Jones.


1 comment:

  1. I agree with prettttty much all of them. The problem is that pretty much all of them are awesome, so then it just comes down to what kind of music you like.

    Still think Casey belongs in Pedophiles Anonymous, and honestly I don't even like when he sings!!

    Jacob is incredible, that one note was craaaazy....however sometimes I feel like he oohs and ahhs too much and it just like...bugs me. Like, he changes every single note of every single song. I really do hope he gets a chance to do "Mamma May Have" on the big stage because that was the craziest most awesome thing I've ever seen!

    Lauren was blah tonight but she's still awesome so I'm hoping she'll bring it next week.

    Stefano is freakin adorable and I love him--he vocals were decent tonight, but I liked that he actually did something cool with the song, like people actually listen to that kind of thing now-a-days and thats what we need in an Idol so that they get more than one song on the radio!

    Pia is my favorite--I'm so happy and excited when she sings, her voice is incredible and perfect...I almost always cry during her songs (big surprise) because it makes me so happy for her!

    PS--I will probably be there next week to watch w you! Wooop!

    -Allison

    ReplyDelete